The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Montana has owned the property east of Lincoln since 1949. It remained undeveloped until the early 1960’s when the Christian Men’s Fellowship of the Region began holding their annual retreat at the property. These men built picnic tables, out houses, and later one building to protect them from the weather. It was in 1981 that the Regional Church broke ground to develop Cane Ridge West. The Lodge, Shower House and cabins were built with volunteer labor under the leadership of Leo and Ruth Renfrow, Columbia Falls. The project took three years to complete. Since the dedication in 1984, Cane Ridge West has been used for Christian Church in Montana activities, as well as being rented to other non-profit groups.